Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/23/17 at 08:52:33
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"The Year of Pluto" on NASA TV (Read 1917 times)
Tony
YaBB Administrator

"The Year of Pluto" on NASA TV
06/11/15 at 22:18:30

It's supposed to air tomorrow at 10am EST on NASA TV.  (June 12, 14:00 UTC).  That's 7am for me, so I don't get to sleep in Shocked.  But its late afternoon for all you Europeans!  And I might get my name in the credits!  Geoff Haines-Stiles, the executive producer of "Cosmos" back in the Carl Sagan days, made this movie highlighting the Kuiper Belt.  Most of the general public is aware that our solar system has an asteroid belt, but have no idea that there is a more-massive Kuiper Belt beyond Neptune, and Pluto is the king of this belt.  His movie is about this region.  I provided him with a lot of data for the positioning of the KBO objects at the time of New Horizons arrival at Pluto on July 14, 2015.  If you miss it, you can probably stream it afterwards on NASA TV.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
frankuitaalst
Ultimate Member

Great site

Re: "The Year of Pluto" on NASA TV
Reply #1 - 06/12/15 at 10:03:58

Hallo Tony ,  
I'll try to be online at that time ! .  
May I ask how you did contribute ? Ran a simulation ?  
Frank

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 06/12/15 at 10:38:11

It already aired about 3 hours ago.  But it's already on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ae4kKEZV4
Look for all the scenes that resemble this: http://orbitsimulator.com/gravitySimulatorCloud/images/solarsystem5.GIF which was made with the new but unreleased browser version of Gravity Simulator.
I used Gravity Simulator to generate data so their animators could draw the orbits of the Kuiper Belt objects and all those thousands of static Kuiper Belt objects.
The movie starts with a graphic created with my data, and heavily uses it from about 10:00 - 15:00 in the movie, and a few more times after that.  At the end you can see my name in the credits.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 06/26/15 at 20:12:11

Sweet, Nice to see you getting a little credit

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print