Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/21/17 at 04:11:06
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Alpha version : things that might have been broken (Read 1517 times)
flap
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Alpha version : things that might have been broken
11/16/13 at 01:36:05

Hello,

As I am discovering gravity simulator, I have noticed a few things that alpha broke (compared to official release) :

- The autopilot settings from the resonance simulations don't work anymore : they don't load one after the other anymore. When looking in the autopilot dialog, each line is surrounded with quotation marks. Maybe is it the cause ?

- On a low end computer (netbook, with windows 7 lite), the alpha version is extremelly slow, with the simulation sometimes running correctly for a few seconds, then halting for a while. The dialogs are terribly slow to print and cause the machine to hang. In one case those those halts stopped for no obvious reason, but the simulation was still running slower than with official release.  
Official release runs perfectly smoothly on that computer. (SOLVED : see below)

EDIT
: Well, I have just noticed than there is an alpha installer a few posts above the last alpha .exe. I had previously simply copied the latest .exe in the original folder.
Using the correct installer solved the slow down problem.

Well, that experience might be usefull for others...

« Last Edit: 11/18/13 at 05:33:00 by flap »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: Alpha version : things that have been broken
Reply #1 - 11/16/13 at 13:49:16

The alpha version does not do well opening sims with autopilot created in 2.0.  Just create them in alpha and you should be ok.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
flap
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Alpha version : things that have been broken
Reply #2 - 11/18/13 at 05:32:46

Hello,

A weird bug : "Show pointer" not working :
When using the latest alpha in the folder created by the latest installer, clicking the "show pointer" menu does not work (even in newly created simulations) (on win 7)

However, when I opened a simulation with an alpha version placed in the folder of the original version, I could add a pointer with no problem. Later, after loading that simulation with the latest alpha in the folder created by the latest installer, the pointer worked properly.

I'll keep investigating that odd behaviour...

EDIT : I have managed to reproduce the same behaviour on a different machine (win 8).

« Last Edit: 11/18/13 at 13:56:37 by flap »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print