Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/22/17 at 19:51:55
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using relative view ? (Read 1217 times)
flap
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Using relative view ?
11/13/13 at 23:43:46

Hello,

I have read the "new beta version" thread, but couldn't find any hint on the way to use "relative view" and "relative view II". What does it do ?

View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: Using relative view ?
Reply #1 - 11/14/13 at 16:47:11

I don't think II works yet.  It's my attempt to let you have multiple windows at the same time.  The first one is not yet debugged.  Probably wont get to it until Summer.  I'm a teacher, and that's when I have free time.  The two dropdown boxes are for target and camera.  For example, if you want to look at Mercury from Mars, you choose those two objects.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
flap
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Using relative view ?
Reply #2 - 11/15/13 at 00:34:08

[quote author=Tony link=1384415027/0#1 date=1384476431 I'm a teacher, and that's when I have free time. [/quote]

Ha, with a mother and girl friend being teacher, I know what you mean...

Ok, then I'll patiently wait, and try to figure the rest out...

EDIT : I have just undertood that I was not using the correct installer : I had copied the latest alpha .exe in the original version, while an alpha installer is there a few posts above. That installer contains the cities file. (citiesLatLon.txt). There are no stars however...

However, I have had an error 13 with that file. To correct it, I had to change every decimal points by comas. This is surprising, because I have no issues with decimal point in .gsim files. You have used a different parser.

« Last Edit: 11/16/13 at 02:04:35 by flap »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print