Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/23/17 at 07:00:19
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Windows 8 (Read 1512 times)
coveysd
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Windows 8
10/06/13 at 10:46:35

My new computer runs Windows 8 (unfortunately), and won't run GravitySimulator.exe. I even tried to download the newest version, and it fails to install with the same error message: "Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid."

Any suggestions?

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: Windows 8
Reply #1 - 10/06/13 at 16:16:29

Are you just moving your files from your old computer to your new computer, or are you running setup.exe?  Setup should put comdlg32.ocx on your computer.  If not, Google for "missing comdlg32.ocx" and you will see some sites to tell you how to manually add the file:
Download the file into your Windows System32 folder
Register the file.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
flap
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Windows 8
Reply #2 - 11/16/13 at 15:21:28

I have just tried to install the alpha version and windows 8, and had the same issue. But the solution is simple : just install the original version found and the web site : that version will install the .ocx. And the alpha installer (which is apparently missing the .ocx)

Once this has been done, you might still have crashes with the "add distance and speed box" dialog : you are missing another DLL. Follow the instructions there :

« Last Edit: 11/17/13 at 00:24:56 by flap »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print