Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/22/17 at 02:53:08
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
simulation in rotating system (Read 1497 times)
FedericoP
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

simulation in rotating system
03/22/12 at 10:46:20

Hi everybody,

I try to simulate the orbits of a ring of particles in the rotating system. I would like to show something like the horsehoe orbit seeing in the simulation above (from gravity simulator simulation page!) BUT with 20 or more particles so i can see the differences between the orbits of the particles.

Could someone help me to find the correct initial condition for the test particles?  cry  cry

THANKS A LOT GUYS !  Cheesy

View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: simulation in rotating system
Reply #1 - 03/22/12 at 14:04:02

You need to have one massive particle in the system or the horseshoe will not work.

Try this:
File > New  (this creates a simulation with only the Sun)
Objects > Create Objects
create an object at 1 AU with a mass of 1 Jupiter mass.  Leave all other values at their defaults.
Objects > Create Objects
create 20 objects at 1 AU.  Set their Mean Anomoly to 180 +-100%.  Leave all other values at their defaults.
Set the rotating frame rate to the planet's period using View > Rotating Frame Adjustment and choosing the planet from the dropdown list.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print