Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/18/17 at 22:51:53
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how to make a simulation with collisions? (Read 1724 times)
FedericoP
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

how to make a simulation with collisions?
07/07/11 at 08:22:31

Hi everybody,

I must do a simulation with a large number of asteroids (very low mass objects) and i would use the collision routine.

How i can do it?

Thanks everybody.

View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: how to make a simulation with collisions?
Reply #1 - 07/07/11 at 22:12:25

The latest beta version doesn't support collisions.  That will change in a few days.  So for the moment, use either version 2.0 or a beta version older than June 2011.  Objects collide when their combined radii is greater than their distance.  Be careful not to take too large of a time step, or they will jump over each other instead of collide.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Reply #2 - 07/08/11 at 03:23:15

Ooo. Collisions would be very nice indeed! Are you going to add something that accounts for the collisional velocity so that if the impact is too fast then the objects either won't combine (probably easier to implement) or will break into smaller ones instead (probably almost impossible to figure out!)?

(formerly known as Mal)
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 07/08/11 at 09:38:42

Quote from EDG on 07/08/11 at 03:23:15:
Ooo. Collisions would be very nice indeed! Are you going to add something that accounts for the collisional velocity so that if the impact is too fast then the objects either won't combine (probably easier to implement) or will break into smaller ones instead (probably almost impossible to figure out!)?

Some sort or randomizing engine should allow for breakups I would think

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print