Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/21/17 at 11:25:59
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
*crickets chirp* (Read 4599 times)
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

*crickets chirp*
05/17/11 at 11:50:09

Anyone still out there? Anyone doing interesting stuff with Gravsim? Seems like everything's gone very quiet around here lately...

I noticed that Universe Sandbox was released on Steam recently (for $9.99). While it's much prettier than Gravsim I don't think it's as scientifically useful - though it's fun to play with.

Are there any new developments with Gravsim in the works? new betas?

(formerly known as Mal)
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
frankuitaalst
Ultimate Member

Great site

Re: *crickets chirp*
Reply #1 - 05/17/11 at 14:13:11

Alive and kicking  Smiley EDG  
Chrickets chirp here too , litterarly .  I released a bunch of crickets as food for my six Bombinas in the Bombinas terrarium . Nice sound , Bombinas barking and crickets chirping .  
Right now doing some analysis about the figure 8 orbit . Is still amazing and mysteious . Don't know yet  if I may be able to post something about it .

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - 05/18/11 at 15:45:30

Quote from EDG on 05/17/11 at 11:50:09:
Anyone still out there? Anyone doing interesting stuff with Gravsim? Seems like everything's gone very quiet around here lately...

I noticed that Universe Sandbox was released on Steam recently (for $9.99). While it's much prettier than Gravsim I don't think it's as scientifically useful - though it's fun to play with.

Are there any new developments with Gravsim in the works? new betas?

Still here.  I read everyone's posts even if I don't reply.  End of the semester is upon us now and I have to catch up on lots of work.
Only bug fixes, no new features yet.  Perhaps over the summer I'll get in the mood to code.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Reply #3 - 01/13/12 at 00:31:53

It's gone very quiet again...  

The last version of Gravsim that I downloaded is setupGravitySimulatorAlpha3.exe - is there anything more recent than that?

(formerly known as Mal)
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 01/13/12 at 10:57:13

It has been quiet.  We haven't got any new members since I disabled self-registration due to spam.
We may get some new stuff soon.  I'm working on a new integrator and graphic display.

abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 01/14/12 at 12:46:51

Now that my system is running Gravsim correctly i look forward to the new things to play with.
SSSBB small solar system body belt.

I'm getting close to finishing a functional series that shows the gaps expected for a SSSBB and has a way of determining if a region is stable enough to support a SSSBB.

EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Reply #6 - 01/14/12 at 12:48:21

Quote from abyssoft on 01/14/12 at 12:46:51:
I'm getting close to finishing a functional series that shows the gaps expected for a SSSBB and has a way of determining if a region is stable enough to support a SSSBB.

Ooh, that'll be interesting to see! Is that kinda like the stuff on the kirkwood gaps that I did a few years ago here?  

(formerly known as Mal)
abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 01/15/12 at 00:18:37

Quote from EDG on 01/14/12 at 12:48:21:
Quote from abyssoft on 01/14/12 at 12:46:51:

Ooh, that'll be interesting to see! Is that kinda like the stuff on the kirkwood gaps that I did a few years ago here?

It's one of several things that inspired me.

I have several other formulas, and expansions on formulas I'll begin posting over the next few days.

EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Reply #8 - 11/23/12 at 09:41:36

Silence has fallen again...  

Any more news on new versions/betas of gravsim?

(formerly known as Mal)
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #9 - 11/28/12 at 14:48:41

not yet cry
but I'll get into a programming mood again soon.

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print