Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/20/17 at 20:47:02
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Screenshots? (Read 1891 times)
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Screenshots?
12/02/10 at 15:24:33

I got gravsim to output screenshots every 50 years in my megajupiter sim, but I can't find where those screenshots are being created. Are they being saved to files somewhere? There's nothing appearing in the folder that I'm running the sim from, and I hope there aren't 100 screenshots floating somewhere else on my system in an unknown location! (this is using the last available beta)

(formerly known as Mal)
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: Screenshots?
Reply #1 - 12/02/10 at 15:46:57

They should be in the same folder that contains the .gsim file that created them.  Make sure that your folder doesn't have filters that show only files with certain extensions.  The screenshots should be bmp.  I just tried this and it worked fine for me.  Let me know if you find them.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Reply #2 - 12/02/10 at 16:03:26

Nope. They're not there.  

Though it occurs to me that I opened up the onlyplanets.gsim, changed the value of Jupiter's mass and let it run - i.e. I didn't save the file after that. I definitely saw the counter saying that it was making screenshots though (up to a max of 100) while it was running. What would the screenshot files be called? Maybe I can do a search for them on the system - maybe they're in a temp folder somewhere? Would I have to save the altered gsim file first before they can be created?

(formerly known as Mal)
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Reply #3 - 12/02/10 at 16:14:06

Yep. Looks like I have to actually save the file first. Now I'm seeing the files being created in the folder when I do that.

(formerly known as Mal)
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - 12/02/10 at 21:53:40

hmmm... I must have put a flag in the code to force you to resave.  Wonder why I did that?  I probably had a reason at the time.  So your problem is solved?

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Reply #5 - 12/02/10 at 22:30:31

I think so. It was either that or (possibly more likely) the fact that I wasn't actually plotting the graphics (in which case, you might want to put something that throws up an error message if that's the case?).  

Also - the screenshots have the scrollbar on them for some reason (and you can see orbits drawn over it if they extend that far) - is there a way to stop that from rendering (I guess you'd have to do a bug fix for that).

(formerly known as Mal)
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print