Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/19/17 at 22:01:28
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Solar system barycentre question (Read 918 times)
frankuitaalst
Ultimate Member

Great site

Solar system barycentre question
08/27/08 at 10:18:38

In the simulations section a simulation is provided which simulates the solar system barycenter ; http://www.orbitsimulator.com/gravity/articles/ssbarycenter.html
Running this simulation with only the four major planets : J,S;U,N and sun and exporting the data every year I get the following graph representing the ratio of periods of Neptune and Saturn to Jupiters .  
One can see the relative periods vary as a function of time . Simulation was run for 179000 years .  

I simulated this system because at this moment a discussion is going in in the Baut forum .  
Now I have the following observation and question :  
The ratio of Saturns to Jupiters period which should be about 2.50...according to  
"Using orbital periods of 11.85920, 29.657296, 164.79 years for Jupiter, Saturn & Neptune respectively"
doesn't seem to match the ratio from the simulation which is lower ( about 2.48 ) .  

Does anybody has any idea why ?

fsscr024.jpg
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print