Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/21/17 at 18:05:36
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Neptune - Uranus Switch (Read 10541 times)
ssc4k
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Neptune - Uranus Switch
Reply #15 - 01/03/08 at 12:35:41

39 million years :0 must have a good computer. whats your timestep for that 32,000?

View Profile   IP Logged
frankuitaalst
Ultimate Member

Great site

Reply #16 - 01/03/08 at 12:53:17

For this I used a seperate program which runs very fast for a little number of planets.  
It's called the Picard intregrator and adapts the timestep in order to maintain its accurancy . For this configuration of planets the "timestep" was about 13000 hours .

Email View Profile   IP Logged
ssc4k
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - 01/03/08 at 15:31:37

wow thats a steep one, were do i download this? i am relativly new to gravity simulator and new to the forum so i would be thankfull to know what programs you guys use besides gravity simulator.

View Profile   IP Logged
frankuitaalst
Ultimate Member

Great site

Reply #18 - 01/04/08 at 06:47:51

Quote from ssc4k on 01/03/08 at 15:31:37:
wow thats a steep one, were do i download this? i am relativly new to gravity simulator and new to the forum so i would be thankfull to know what programs you guys use besides gravity simulator.

We normally use the software provided in this Forum . That's Gravity Simulator . The modarator Tony also takes care for upgrades , which are announced in this forum and can be downloaded .  
Personally i also use a private integrator which has some advantages as accurancy but it is far off as userfriendly as the Gravity Simulator . It's rather complicated to use it as it needs much input . Maybe the integrator will one day be "integrated" in the software of Gravity Simulator .  

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print