Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/21/17 at 09:29:52
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
gas cloud collapse progress (Read 1827 times)
looseskrewz
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

gas cloud collapse progress
04/29/07 at 23:29:12

I started a cloud collapse sim about a week ago, and it is evolving into a spiral like galaxy...I have the sim set on 4 seconds for timestep...I started it at 256 for about 2 days until a few clusters started forming.

If all goes well, I will post my pictures more details, and .gsim progressive point saves.

As of now, I am pretty amazed at the results.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Sublyme
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: gas cloud collapse progress
Reply #1 - 04/30/07 at 14:56:43

2 questions for you:

1.  About how far into the sim did you notice that the clusters began to resemble a galaxy?
2.  Are you using galactic scales or is this merely small scale?

abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 04/30/07 at 16:03:58

What were you initial conditions?

Would love to try the sim on my system (ope it can handle it)

Side note: just saw a 64 Proc quad core Xeon system with a XP variant that allows multi-proc to function as one.
*Drooooool!!!!* at what this might be able to handle Cool too bad it's almost 50K just for the basics.  and too bad I forgot the website.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
looseskrewz
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #3 - 04/30/07 at 22:17:00

1.  Are you using galactic scales or is this merely small scale?

It is on a small scale...as of now, all the objects cover about 56AU.

2.  About how far into the sim did you notice that the clusters began to resemble a galaxy?

Somewhere around 6 years (started with a 1AU??(or 0.5AU??) scale and 2800 earth mass 5 objects))

3. What were you initial conditions?

I will post a link to the .gsim file when I wake up tomorrow...don't quite remember.

Not exactly sure what is happening yet...still waiting...but I don't think that it is my imagination..at least I hope it's not.

I sped up a copy of the sim to about 2 year steps (just for a test), and everything just kept expanding....so that sucks, although I don't think that would be very accurate Smiley

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print