Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/19/17 at 21:58:45
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gravity simulator is spyware :) (Read 2719 times)
looseskrewz
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Gravity simulator is spyware :)
04/26/07 at 05:26:12

Here's a good one...kinda sucked, but could come in handy.

I set the sim to take a screenshot every ten minutes (simulator time). When I came back to look at the screenshots, I noticed that half the screenshots were of my wife browsing ebay for my birthday present....haha, that's a good one man.....who would have thought that gravsim could be used as spyware!

Smiley

Funny stuff man.

PS - For all the slow people, Gravity Sim is NOT real spyware.  Smiley

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: Gravity simulator is spyware :)
Reply #1 - 04/26/07 at 11:03:03

It snaps a picture of the active window.  But since Gravity Simulator's trails are not persistent, even if it didn't, you'd have nothing but blank images if a browser was opened on top of Gravity Simulator.

So....  what was she shopping for  Smiley?

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Reply #2 - 04/28/07 at 09:18:07

Does it *have* to snap a picture of the active window though? Right now it's rather annoying if you want to save screenshots over a multi-day run and you have to keep the program on top and open all the time. Is there no way to just save the screenshots "internally" so that it doesn't have to be displayed?

(formerly known as Mal)
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 04/28/07 at 12:52:08

Not with the way graphics are currently displayed, and not with the current screenshot routine.  I use VB's bitblt ScreenCopy command, it it literally snaps a picture of the active window on the screen.  I wish I had a quick fix to this too, because I agree with you that its annoying to have the computer dedicated to only Grav Sim.  But that's why I usually make my animations with the computer running overnight.

looseskrewz
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 04/28/07 at 18:45:58

yea..sucks cause my wife is always using the computer for ebay, and I have had a sim running for about 4 days now.....with screenshots! about 20,000 so far.

I had to teach her how to pause the sim...and then remember to unpause and maximize again.

needless to say....

Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #5 - 04/28/07 at 22:16:08

Do you know how to use the autosave feature?  You can use it so save the sim at specified intervals, so if your simulation is interupted for any reason, you can resort to the last auto-saved file, rather than start the whole thing over again.

looseskrewz
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #6 - 04/29/07 at 21:17:00

Tony, yes I do use the autosave feature which is a great feature!

The problem is with my wife and her Ebaying. Smiley

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print