Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/18/17 at 09:45:02
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Welcome (Terms of Use) (Read 157365 times)
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Re: Welcome (Terms of Use)
Reply #135 - 12/30/12 at 00:54:47

Welcome aboard! It's been pretty quiet around here for a while, but don't be afraid to ask questions - I think the hardcore regulars are still around to answer them, they're just lurking Smiley. The more you ask, the more likely we'll come out to help and get some discussions moving again Smiley.  

And also, do browse through the existing threads - there's a lot of fun experiments that you can do if you have the inclination (no pun indended!). I've had some fun exploring kirkwood gaps - see for example:
Kirkwood gaps part 1: http://www.orbitsimulator.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1222072355/0
Kirkwood gaps part 2: http://www.orbitsimulator.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1223246512/0
Inner and Outer Reaches: http://www.orbitsimulator.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1226290391/0

(formerly known as Mal)
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
astroadrian99
Uploader

I Love Space!

Reply #136 - 10/26/13 at 15:44:39

Yes I agree to the user agreement. Wohoo I'm in the forum. Cheesy

My favorite quote, "We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon, in this decade and do the other things. Not because it's easy but because it is hard." - John F Kennedy
Email View Profile   IP Logged
flap
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #137 - 11/13/13 at 23:01:17

Hello !

I am a newcomer to the forum. And we will see how much I can participate...

The first time I fell in love with gravity simulations (games, I should say) was with that small java game around 2004 . Since then I have tried playing orbiter, used Kerbal Space program quite a bit, and also toyed with GMAT from NASA (an interesting solver).
I had also built a basic simulator implementing solar winds, and displaying plenty of funny things, such as gravity fields, wind field, sphere of influence...

But I was looking for a simple application, light enough to be used on my netbook, and that would allow me to fly a space craft without having to wait ages for the sim to propagate. And Gravity Simulator might do the trick.

So, hello everybody ! And let's investigate that piece of software.

View Profile   IP Logged
geoff
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #138 - 12/10/13 at 08:57:28

Hello,

Happy to be on this forum.  Huge thanks to Tony for creating the simulator.  I have just finished my Masters of Architecture, but am also fascinated by world-lines and cosmology and so look forward to exploring this forum as well as the simulator!

Best,  
Geoff

View Profile   IP Logged
stargate38
Uploader

I Love GravSim!

Reply #139 - 12/19/13 at 13:17:16

Hi! I love your gravsim and I've used it for many scenarios (such as moon formation). Smiley

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #140 - 12/20/13 at 09:47:29

Quote from stargate38 on 12/19/13 at 13:17:16:
Hi! I love your gravsim and I've used it for many scenarios (such as moon formation). Smiley

Welcome.  Please share some of your sims!

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
DD2014
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #141 - 01/26/14 at 13:05:23

Posting for validation  Smiley

View Profile   IP Logged
ScottM
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #142 - 03/09/14 at 11:00:06

Hi, everyone. I'm Scott from Mississippi. I've been an astronomy buff all of my life -- the Solar System in particular. I like playing around with the simulator to learn more about the interactions of the bodies in the Solar System.

View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #143 - 03/12/14 at 18:14:50

Welcome Scott!

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
DirkVV
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #144 - 08/19/14 at 21:49:32

Hello everybody,

I like the gravsim and like "playing" with it! There will be a lot of questions, i am sure. I hope this forum can help me.

Dirk

View Profile   IP Logged
thalamus
YaBB Newbies

Reply #145 - 12/11/14 at 21:19:14

Hello! I love gravity simulations, but I'm too poor of a programmer to make my own...

View Profile   IP Logged
JimJim
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #146 - 03/04/15 at 19:58:14

Hi

View Profile   IP Logged
RGClark
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #147 - 08/07/15 at 05:48:08

Hello. New member here. My background is in pure math, but I've always been interested in astronomy.
One of my research focuses now is methods of achieving low cost space access and low cost spaceflight beyond low Earth orbit.

Bob Clark

View Profile   IP Logged
wsaylor72
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #148 - 01/17/17 at 13:58:35

New member here with career in aerospace and energy. Have primarily worked on geocentric orbital mechanics for numerous satellite and rocket programs with some small work on interplanetary trajectories. Always wanted to pursue more general astrodynamics work and this looks to be a great tool and great group of members. Still working a few programs but more interested in developing educational activities.

Bill Saylor
Bennett, CO

View Profile   IP Logged
jwbrase
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #149 - 08/31/17 at 20:17:28

Posing for account validation.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print