Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/22/17 at 10:17:47
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Welcome (Terms of Use) (Read 157712 times)
EDG
Ultimate Member

oh, crumbs!!!

Re: Welcome (Terms of Use)
Reply #105 - 12/15/10 at 12:18:59

Quote from tester2 on 12/15/10 at 10:55:26:
I've successfully changed my name to tester2 without affecting my previous posts.

Oh hey, that works. I just changed my name myself (from Mal to EDG)! I found something in the PM Preferences box page lets me do that (which is odd, as on other boards people usually aren't allowed to change their own usernames themselves).

(formerly known as Mal)
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
phoenixshade
Uploader

Proud to be an Ape

Reply #106 - 01/19/11 at 19:26:12

Posting in an epic thread. I am not a spambot.

View Profile   IP Logged
abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #107 - 01/20/11 at 07:53:34

Welcome and enjoy.

Bob

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #108 - 01/23/11 at 11:02:11

Just a quick message to say that I exist; I think!

View Profile   IP Logged
Bob

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #109 - 01/25/11 at 11:12:49

Just a quick test to see that I can post. Anyway I got the beta version up and running, so I'll be trying out what's different about it.

View Profile   IP Logged
Bob

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #110 - 01/25/11 at 11:26:10

Great that works okay  Smiley As I said, I've mentioned this app to someone working on his planet x generator plugin for Cinema 4d. Cinema can import spread sheet type data, as can all of the 3d software that's used for almost photo real animations. It might be a bit of a faff to do it but I think it would be worthwhile.  

An instance of this. Once a guy came on a 3d board and announced that he'd got a NASA contract for a Mars lander. He then said he'd ask if he could put the drawings up!!! To everyone's credit, he was told not to do anything so silly.  

Anyway as stated in an earlier post an image done with planet x generator of a Mars with an ocean.

View Profile   IP Logged
ledbedder20
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #111 - 02/04/11 at 05:45:48

Hello! My name is Seth, I live in MD and I've been studying the cosmos and it's movements for years. I've often thought of how useful a program like this would be and now I've finally stumbled upon it! I'm really appreciative of your work, thank you so much for sharing this important knowledge.

View Profile   IP Logged
nascarnik
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #112 - 04/01/11 at 15:48:39

hello everyone this is actually the second time ive registered for this site but the first time i didnt get the memo about posting within a day so it got deleted
Either way ive used this program for at least 4 years and still love using it

Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #113 - 04/11/11 at 21:45:11

Welcome!  I'm glad it worked for you this time.  I hope you stick around.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Stardust
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #114 - 05/25/11 at 21:41:25

Hi,

I started the sign up process 43 days ago but only be able to login today. Was it just me or does any one else having difficulty with this YaBB interface?

Stardust

View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #115 - 05/26/11 at 12:09:21

Welcome.  I'm glad you made it.

wil
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #116 - 05/29/11 at 07:49:33

Hello!

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #117 - 05/29/11 at 17:09:19

Hi Wil.  Welcome!

coveysd
Uploader

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #118 - 07/22/11 at 13:18:05

Hi. I installed GS 2.0, which runs nicely but slower than I hoped.

I tried to run three different betas (22-APR-07, 01-Feb-11, and 08-Jun-11), the earlier ones to try to set intervals to 1 second per some of the comments.

While the base GS 2.0 works, none of the betas do. They consume 100% CPU and stop responding so I have to terminate them. I tried letting windows do its compatability thing, and it appeared to work briefly but failed to load another gsim.

For the 22-Apr-07 version, I created a new directory and populated it with the new codeoptomizer.dll and resume.gsim per the instructions. No luck.

My primary interest is in modelling asteroid orbits and their modification, so I'm most interested in running A2004MN4.gsim and variants of it. But I can't get it to work at all with the betas.

I have a Windows 7 64-bit OS, running on a Sandy Bridge (Intel) Core I7 processor (would be nice if it could use more than one, but I understand).

Any suggestions?

Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #119 - 07/23/11 at 16:02:18

Hi and welcome.
I'm out of town for a week and internet is spotty, so if I don't reply quickly, that's why.

Let me just cover the basics of running betas.
1.  You must first have installed Gravity Simulator 2.0 on your computer.  The setup package creates some dependency files that the beta versions will need.  So if you're downloading the beta onto a different computer than 2.0, that might be your problem.

2.  You must download the beta executable.  You can put it in your Gravity Simulator directory, or you can create a new directory for it. Wherever you put it, there must be a resume.gsim in that directory.  Codeoptomizer.dll is optional.

3.  If resume.gsim is corrupt, it will crash the program as you describe.  Just to make sure, delete resume.gsim, copy any of the existing gsim files into the same directory as your beta.exe , and rename it resume.gsim

4. If codeoptomizer.dll is causing your problem, you can find out by hiding the file.  Either remove it from your directory, or rename it so Gravity Simulator can't find it.  Codeoptomizer.dll duplicates some of the code in the VB version of Gravity Simulator, but codeoptomizer is written in C++, so it compiles into faster code.  If the file is missing, Gravity Simulator will execute a slower VB version of the same code.

5.  What country are you in?  Some people using European versions had some problems with version 2.0.  The betas seem to have fixed these problems.  The symptom was that Gravity Simulator ran just fine the first time around, but the resume.gsim created by European Windows was corrupt because it uses commas instead of decimal points.

Let me know if any of this helps!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print