Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/22/17 at 04:41:28
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Just some questions about GS (Read 1840 times)
abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Just some questions about GS
06/04/06 at 00:49:15

How would you generate a set of retro grade objects?

What happens with -Ecc and -Inc
How is -mass handled, what about -diam.
and of course -a

*side note* I really wish there was a way to store custom colors, it's a bit of a bother to have to redo them each time, I tend to use a standards set for all my sims.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Just some questions about GS
Reply #1 - 06/04/06 at 09:02:29

Ok I saw in another post to create a set of retrograde set theta to >=180 and less then 360.

And played with the rest, and figured I would in part answer my own questions  Roll Eyes

-Mass appears to completely futz with large masses >.1 Sol in close proximity <0.1 Lyr to a non -mass (+1 Sol), I expected the  +mass object to be quickly ejected but rather it just went completely wonky even @ timestep 32. Smaller -masses behave like normal masses with verry little noticable variation. At stellar distances >1 Lyr this doesn't appear to happen and sim runs smoothly.

+/- Ecc sets Appear to also apply to the Direction of the object path, + pro, - retro.

-Diam appears such that with a -density and no true surface there could be no collision as the object Resides outside of Normal space but within a coformed Brane.  it would have a standard grav effect without being able to truely be seen, acting like Darkmatter.

-a Doesn't seem to exist and is Resolved to +a

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: Just some questions about GS
Reply #2 - 06/04/06 at 09:28:30

I use the standard Windows dialog box for color.  You're right.  Your custom colors are not saved.  I wish they were too.

I haven't played around with negative values in the fields that shouldn't support them.  The program allows you to do this simply because I don't error-check your input for negative values for things such as mass.  No need to through.  If you want to experiment with hypothetical negative-mass objects, there's no reason to prevent you.  I imagine that if one object >> is much more massive than the other, the less-massive object will orbit just like normal, but I've never tried it.

I'm glad you figured out the retrograde orbits.  Although its probably more correct to say that a retrograde orbit has an inclination >90 and < 270, as an object whose inclination 359 would be very prograde, and an object whose inclination is 179 would be very prograde.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print