Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/19/17 at 22:08:44
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print
Feature request (Read 3351 times)
Jorge

Feature request
05/14/06 at 14:02:40

Just in case the problem affecting my Gravity Simulator is gone someday, I have a feature request for you: a way to import data directly from Celestia's SSC files. I'm guessing, after looking at the structure of your GSIM files, that if shouldn't be too difficult to implement that, but unfortunately I'm not a programmer.

I guess that a way to export end-of-simulation data to a SSC file would be a bit more complicated, but I'd find that useful too.

Email   IP Logged
tomek
Uploader

Re: Feature request
Reply #1 - 05/18/06 at 23:53:35

another feature request - could it be possible to have an event log file of some sort; for records like "moon slammed into earth at 06:04:31 on 06/09/2501". at this point, if something slammed into another something while you were away, there is no easy way of determining when and where it happened

View Profile   IP Logged
abyssoft
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 06/04/06 at 08:05:39

I would love to see this feature as well,  Be nice to be able to look back over a log and see how the system formed

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 06/04/06 at 09:37:31

This feature was in the beta version prior to the current release.  I disabled it because there was a bug that I didn't work out.

One sloppy way around this problem is to use the Auto Save feature in the file menu.  This makes the program automatically save a copy of the simulation at a specified interval.  Before using, create a new directory and save your original simulation there.  It just makes things neater.

Then you can open your auto-saved simulations and check if an object exists.  You can zero-in on your collision date this way.

Of course I could always debug the feature and send you a beta copy of the next version.  Send me an e-mail if that interests you.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
mkruer
Uploader

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 06/18/06 at 12:02:13

Do you expect this feature to make a comeback in the next release? Also do you have a list of improvements so far.  

-TIA-

View Profile   IP Logged
mkruer
Uploader

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 08/19/06 at 22:51:56

Hi,

Any status on improvemnts? Just wondering. -TIA-

View Profile   IP Logged
Rob
Uploader

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 09/02/06 at 13:06:51

A feature I would like to see is a way to automatically place a certain number of objects in the same orbit.  Instead of their possition being determined randomly as it does currently, I would like for a way to either have these objects to spread out.

I would like for this to occurr either evenly in terms of degrees from the previous object or timewise.

Considering four planetoids (p1, p2, p3 and p4) sharing an eliptical orbit with a period of 200 days around a star here is an example of each case.

Evenly by degrees: when P1 is at 0 degrees, p2 is at 90, p3 is at 180, and p4 is at 270.

Evenly timewise: When p1 is at day 0 (200), p2 is at the location p1 would be located at on Day 50, p3 on day 100 and p4 on day 150.

Rob

« Last Edit: 09/04/06 at 07:47:48 by Rob »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Reply Send Topic Print