Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Gravity Simulator
11/19/17 at 13:48:00
News: Registration for new users has been disabled to discourage spam. If you would like to join the forum please send me an email with your desired screen name to tony at gravitysimulator dot com.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Reference Angle? (Read 2020 times)
Michael_C._Emmert
Uploader

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

The Reference Angle?
11/06/05 at 09:13:46

Hi, all  Smiley;

Where is the First Point of Aries on GravitySimulator?  I need to have reference angles to program in the correct values in Longitude of the ascending node, argument of perifocus, and mean anomaly.  And if you are in rotating frame reference, of course, your reference angle changes constantly.  It makes it difficult to add objects in the middle of a simulation.

I have been making do with creating objects and refering to those.  undecided  This ad hoc solution works for what I am trying to do (fill Lagrange stability zones with groups of objects) but it just won't do for somebody who, for instance, is aiming spaceships.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Tony
YaBB Administrator

Re: The Reference Angle?
Reply #1 - 11/06/05 at 12:32:06

The First Point of Aries, a.k.a The Vernal Equinox is the 9 o'clock position on your screen in a non-rotating frame.  A mean anomoly of 0 should place you there, but make sure that you change the 100% to 0% in the +/- boxes for mean anomoly, perifocus, and ascending nodes.  Otherwise, it will pick a random value for you.

The rotating frame doesn't change the angle for the purpose of creating new objects.  It just constantly changes the viewing angle.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print